1 frilly top + 1 old bandeau bikini (mine was rust stained from a keys adventure) = brand new top to lay out in!
I have been fiddling around with things in my house, since I really can’t leave for too long, and I discovered this gem of an idea. I am in horrific shape from studying for months, please don’t hold that against the bikini. Also, because I am a future professional, or at least hope to be, I cannot provide full body pictures. You will just have to trust me that this bikini top rocks!!!
First, I pulled the stitches that connected the frilly top to this hideous blouse out.
The top already looks better without all the frill! More on the top later though, today we are concentrated on the frill.
I cut the embellishment off the front of the bikini. Then, cut the frill in half and sewed it all the way around the bikini top. I used a loose hand stitch, because the top still needed a bit of give when worn. I used fabric glue to lay the bottom layer of the frill to the front of the bikini. With my mini sewing machine, using a simple stitch (only stitch it has sadly), I sewed the ends of the frill in on themselves. I could lace a bow through, but they sit well, and hide the hardware from the bikini clasp as is.
There you have it, one of my first documented sewing adventured gone right! Hope you find this idea helpful<3